Slowing down could save your money, your licence or even your life
It may seem obvious but there really is only one way you can avoid a speeding ticket and that's to drive within the speed limit at all times.
Just sticking to the limit when you think there might be a speed camera in operation is no guarantee you'll avoid getting caught and it certainly isn't the way to reduce your chances of being involved in an accident.
Help us to make the roads safer for everyone.
We don't want to catch you speeding, we just want you to keep an eye on your speed and drive safely.
- Plan your journey and allow plenty of time to reach your destination
- Drive at an appropriate speed for the road and the weather conditions
- Stay calm and avoid conflict with other road users
- Keep an eye on your speedometer
- If there is street lighting you are likely to be in a 30mph limit
- Where there is street lighting but the limit is higher than 30mph there will be repeater signs giving the speed limit for that stretch of road www.streetlightsmean30.co.uk
- Select a low gear to control the speed of your vehicle, this will help you to keep within the speed limit and enable you to stop more quickly if confronted by a sudden hazard
- Keep a safe two seconds distance from the vehicle in front